Looking your best for a special occasion that puts you in the spotlight
Your engagement party marks the beginning of your new life with your future husband, a special occasion that puts you in the spotlight. With the most important people in your life sharing your big moment as bride-to-be, you want to look and feel your absolute best. And with all of the pictures that are sure to be snapped throughout the night, there’s a lot at stake. Here are
10 great ideas to help you look fabulous for every flash:
1. Take great care of your skin. In the weeks leading up to the big night, exfoliate twice a week and use a nutrient-rich daily moisturizer to bring back a youthful inner glow that can’t be faked with makeup.
2. Brighten your smile. Booking an appointment with a dentist is the quickest way to polish your pearly whites to perfection, but if you’re on a budget, over-the-counter treatments deliver similar results in a week or two.
3. Get eyelash extensions. Semi-permanent eyelash extensions make your eyes pop in an understated, totally natural way. Adding more drama for the camera is as easy as swiping on a coat of oil-free mascara.
4. Build a flawless, golden-brown tan. Gradual self-tanners that double as daily moisturizers deposit just a touch of color with every application, so you can stop when you reach your ideal shade of bronze.
5. Let accessories be the focus. Small touches like eye-catching earrings, a chunky bracelet or a metallic clutch can take your outfit to the next level.
6. Contour for more camera-ready definition. By increasing contrast around cheekbones, forehead, temples and the bridge of your nose, contouring instantly makes your face appear slimmer and more structured.
7. Style your brows. The latest gels and pencils make it easy to create the perfect arch without paying for professional reshaping.
8. Go bold. If you normally stick to neutrals on the eyes, try a rich shimmer-based shadow or a sultry smoky eye paired with a nude lip. On the other hand, if you usually skip lip color, pucker up with a dark red or berry shade.
9. Change up your hair. If you don’t want to commit to a permanent cut, try throwing your locks up in an elegant bun or go even longer with temporary hair extensions.
10. Light up your face with illuminating powder. Infused with tiny shimmer particles, illuminating powder creates a luminous finish that also acts as a shield against runs and smudges.
Your engagement party is a time when you will be with family and friends, celebrating a new chapter for both you and your fiance. You’ll want to document the evening with lots of photos and photos mean you want to be sure to look your best. These tips will ensure you do.