While eyelash extensions give you a sophisticated look that lasts without requiring a lot of preparation during makeup applications, you still need to maintain your extensions to keep them in top shape. Here are 10 tips that will help you keep your eyelash extensions looking their best this summer.
• Stay out of the heat and humidity for at least 24 to 48 hours after your extensions are applied. The adhesive needs time to set.
• Take care to use only a small amount of mascara when you apply makeup. Extensions already look fuller, and the weight of the mascara could lead to breakage.
• If you do choose to use mascara, do not use cotton balls to remove your makeup at night. The fibers from the cotton ball could attract lint to your eye area, so use a soft cloth instead.
• Keep your eye area completely dry while the adhesive sets. This means that you will not be able to swim for at least 24 hours.
• Do not let your eyelash extensions dry out. Dry extensions can get brittle and break. More flexible extensions not only last longer, but they also look more natural. Use just a drop of baby oil to keep your extensions lubricated.
• Sleep on your back for a few days after the initial application of your new eyelash extensions. If you sleep on your stomach or side, your extensions could get crushed and bent. Wait until the adhesive has set before going back to your normal sleeping position.
• Avoid touching your eyelash extensions as much as possible. It may be tempting to check on them, but rubbing or pulling on the extensions could cause damage.
• Get touch-ups once every two to four weeks. It takes only about 15 minutes, and the touch-up process ensures that your eyelash extensions are full and free of damage.
• Keep your eyelash extensions out of direct heat sources. For example, you should not put your face near an open oven or spend time in steam rooms.
• Mist your eyelash extensions with water after swimming. This rinses out the chlorine that could cause the adhesive in your extensions to break down.
You already know how amazing eyelash extensions make you look and taking care of them properly will ensure that they look their very best. Enjoy a maintenance free summer look with eyelash extensions.