Being a new mom can sometimes feel like having a full time job with no pay and no vacation. And for moms who go back to work shortly after baby’s birth, new motherhood can seem more like a curse than a blessing. There’s never enough time in the day, and those essential beauty routines quickly fall by the wayside. If you want to brighten up a new mom’s day, surprise her with a gift of self-indulgence.
Here are seven ideas for gifts that any new mom is sure to love:
2. Nail salon gift certificate. A new mommy’s fingers and toes can quickly become unkept if regular nail care is no longer a priority. Present her with a manicure/pedicure gift certificate. Well-groomed nails with fresh polish can lift the spirits of even the most stressed out mommies.
3. Lash extensions gift certificate. Chances are good that mommy has completely given up on makeup for the time being. Who has the time to apply perfect eyeliner and non-smudge mascara when baby has just pooped her diaper? Eyelash extensions can fix this problem. They make it look like you’re wearing eye makeup even when you’re not. Individual lash extensions are carefully attached to each eyelash, and the result is a totally natural look that can last as long as eight weeks.
4. Massage gift certificate. Treat the new mom in your life to a soothing, rejuvenating and restorative massage. Research has shown that massage is a miracle-working treatment that reduces blood pressure, strengthens the immune system, increases circulation, relieves tension, alleviates stress, improves mood and enhances muscle tone.
5. Teeth whitening gift certificate. Hopefully mom can still find the time to brush her teeth, but a teeth whitening treatment will help her to look and feel her best whether she’s brushing and flossing twice a day or not.
6. Facial gift certificate. Relaxing in a tranquil environment while enjoying a facial can be a balm to a new mom’s soul. She probably doesn’t have the time to think about skin care these days, but a soothing facial in a tranquil spa can restore her to sanity.
7. Waxing spa gift certificate. Many new moms must abandon their regular shaving and body hair removal routines. Waxing is a great way to help a new mom feel groomed and smooth again for at least six weeks.
The first six months after baby’s birth may be the most difficult time for new moms. It can be a real challenge for her to find any time to take care of herself. However, if mom can indulge herself in a little TLC from time to time, it can make a huge difference in how she feels physically, mentally and emotionally.